“Ray Kurzweil, Google’s Director of Engineering, is a well-known futurist with a high-hitting track record for accurate predictions. Of his 147 predictions since the 1990s, Kurzweil claims an 86 percent accuracy rate. At a recent conference, Kurzweil made yet another prediction: the technological singularity will happen sometime in the next 30 years. The singularity is that point in time when all the advances in technology, particularly in artificial intelligence (AI), will lead to machines that are smarter than human beings ” – REFERENCE futurism.com
Whether we believe Ray Kurzwei’s prediction or not, One thing is certain, that the world around us is changing extremely fast due to this next wave of technological advancements in machine learning and AI.
There might be multiple questions that may arise in our minds.
- As an end user, how does it impact me/us – in terms of products which will make my/our lives even better or worse :-). We are so eager to invest and buy products like Amazon Alexa or Google home.
- Would the new bots make our job redundant Or create new opportunities for us.
- More importantly, As an IT professionals where do I/we stand ?
- Is this the time to take the plunge and start getting our hands wet in machine learning and artificial intelligence ?
There are lot of folks who are starting their career and who are just graduating now or who have already graduated this year. There is a very strong trend in almost all colleges and graduate schools in gearing up young population towards machine learning and artificial intelligence.
The problem lies with the existing and huge IT workforce.
Already working IT professionals have a bigger problem at hand even if they want to plunge into this new technology wave.
- The current job does not have any need of learning or implementing machine learning ideas
- The current organization is not worried about them learning these cutting edge areas either
- Even if the current organization has some opportunities, all these are given to new experts in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Even if someone wants to learn, there is not enough time to spare. Most programs are multi week or even multi month programs with exhorbitant cost, making it even tougher for someone to take a plunge. These long program might work fine for fresh graduates but not for exiting IT work force, who have work for 5 days in office and then continuously attend a long drawn out program on many many weekends.
This leaves the current IT workforce ( Testing, Dev, project management, agile coaches, DevOps experts…) in a catch 22 situation, worrying thought lingering on in their minds on how to quickly acquire much needed skills/knowledge in less time and obviously at an affordable cost.
ATA is trying to address this problem by launching a fast track machine learning and AI program in Mumbai – 22,23,24 June 2018 and then subsequently in other cities to address this much needed gap.
It is one of its kind fast track learning program on machine learning and artificial intelligence.
It covers a lot of tools and I am sure will be a great asset for someone experimenting and trying to build use cases using machine learning and AI – the early bird offer for this program is JUST 15,000 INR plus taxes.
If you are interested please visit the following URL and get in touch with us before the early bird offer ends..