Sumalata Ancher is working as Sr. Quality Engineer with Allscripts. She has overall 7 years testing experience. She is a Certified scum master and ISTQB Certified Tester. She believes solution could be achieved through team work, collaboration and self-organizing.
Sumalata Ancher is our esteemed speaker for #ATAGTR2019.
Sumalata Ancher will be taking a Game Session on “Explore hidden Agile values and Principles – (‘Ball Point’) – Game” – Track 2 on Day 2
The Ball point game by Boris Gloger is a perfect illustration how to work as a team and continuously improve. The game is very efficient because most of the agile values and principles. The main objective of the game is to pass as many balls as possible in the given timeboxes through all the team members by following certain rules.
• Everyone is part of one big team.
• The person who puts the ball in play is the only person who can put it out of play in the destination basket.
• Each ball must have air-time.
• Each ball must be touched by every team member.
• Balls cannot be passed to your direct neighbours (the people directly next to you left or right).
• Any ball that falls on the floor or does not respect the rules is a defect.
The game simulates an agile production process. It is essentially an analogue of the scrum process. The team will self-organize and come up with process based on the rules provided. With this game we can experience the below agile principles and values in a fun and involving way.
• Delivering value with high quality
• Working as a team
• Inspect and adapt
• Iterative work
• Estimates vs realizations
• Sustainable pace
• Bottlenecks (entry point = exit point)
• Simplicity (the simplest solution often works best)
Skit Synopsis: (limited to maximum 3 Pages). Share the synopsis on how you plan to run the Game. Basic idea on how the entire game will be conducted.
We had posted some questions to Sumalata as a part of her #ATAMyStory
1. Why do you think speaking at #ATAGTR2019 really matters to you?
I have been a participant in group event during #ATAGTR2018 and the event structure, speakers, the whole experience of last year inspired me to present a paper individually this time.
I am overwhelmed to participate in #ATAGTR2019 as a speaker as I will be one among those people who will influence others and it would be great honor to get platform like this to showcase my knowledge in front of quality folks.
2. Do you think that organizations and individuals should go out and mingle more in community programs?
Yes, Sharing and gaining knowledge helps in every individual growth. The kind of people we meet in community programs are very influencing and with full of enthusiasms. We will get to know current market of testing where we are leading to, what are new technologies which can resolve or ease our day to day work.
3. While practice makes all of us perfect, share an everyday practice that has made things better for you at work
Following a process makes life easier. You don’t need anyone to assign or monitor the work for you. When everyone knows must be done then we are as a team completely sorted. I made a practice to finish meetings, standups, tasks in time box which helps in saving others time.
I make mistakes and I learn!!
#ATAGTR2019 is one of the largest, most fun filled and learning filled global testing conference. #ATAGTR2019 is back again in its 4th edition with more fun and more learnings than in the past. The conference is scheduled on 14th and 15th December in Pune.
- 2 Days
- 2 Panel Discussions
- 4 Keynotes
- 5 Skits and Games
- 38 Interactive Sessions
- 18+ Labs
Loads of fun, competitions and much much more.
Day 1 has 5 tracks and Day 2 has 6 tracks.
Focusing on interactive sessions, labs/workshops, skit performances and fun activities and quizzes and much much more.
The conference scale as is evident has increased substantially. We hope that everyone can be part of this most fun filled and one of the largest global testing conference.
To know more about the conference, click here or on the image below